CFA Society North Carolina (CFANC) was established in 1971 to provide education and support to the area’s investment professionals. The CFA NC membership consists of portfolio managers, security analysts, investment advisors, and other financial professionals.
The CFA NC is one of the world’s largest societies of investment professionals. As of September 2016:
- CFA NC was ranked #12 in the United States among CFA Institute societies, making our society one of the largest in the nation.
- CFA NC ranked #25 globally among all CFA Institute societies, again making our society one of the largest internationally.
As of January 2017, CFA NC has 1068 members. We are dedicated to our members and to our industry and its clients, promoting:
- Ethical and professional standards within the investment industry;
- Encourage professional development through the CFA Program and continuing education;
- Facilitate the exchange of information and opinions among people within the local investment community and beyond, and;
- Work to further the public’s understanding of the CFA designation and investment industry.
Central to our Society’s mission is to provide education to investment professionals. We are very proud of our very active pool of candidates for the CFA charter:
- There were 85 new charterholders in 2016.
- 770 candidates for the CFA exam in June 2017.
- 330 candidates for the CFA exam in December 2016.
As a CFA Institute member society, our society connects members to a global network of investment professionals.